Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Demystifying iOS 7

By Jillian Clarke


Huzzah!! The greatly anticipated iOS 7 was finally released last week, and the reaction has been...

Drum roll, please...

Split. Some people love it, some people hate it and some people are still simply trying to figure it out! For those of you who are still trying to learn about it, this post is for you! The look and the overall feel of iOS 7 is a lot different from the previous software Apple products used. The design received a makeover and features were added or changed to make products more in tune with people's digital daily life.

Like millions of other people, I downloaded iOS 7 minutes after it was offered, and like millions of people, I waited 3+ hours for it to finally install! Once the thin white bar made it from the left to the right of the screen, I was a little taken back by how different it really was. When I tried to swipe certain ways and nothing happened, I got quite frustrated, and I ended turning to the Internet for some helpful advice.

After finding a lot of results about the new software's appearance, I finally came across a very helpful article that explains all the new features of iOS 7. The website displays 90 different tips about how to handle the Apple update, and it includes pictures along with a short description of the change! While this website about mobile devices isn't the best to view on a mobile device (ironically), make sure to check it out when you are sitting at a laptop or desktop. These tips will definitely help make anyone's iOS 7 experience cooler and more enjoyable.

Personally, I'm loving the new control center that appears when you swipe up from the bottom of the screen!


What's your favorite new feature? Are you loving iOS 7, or could you live without it?

~j.Clarke
ps- Am I the only one having trouble with my touchscreen after downloading iOS 7? A lot of times, my phone doesn't register touch. Help!

No comments:

Post a Comment