Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Virgin America Makes Safety Entertaining

By: Jillian Clarke

If you have ever flown in an airplane, then you can probably recall hearing a boring speech from the flight attendant or watching a mundane safety video. Recently, Virgin America challenged the boring flight safety routine and released the new video that will now be shown to their customers before takeoff. 

While watching the video, I was really interested the whole time. A handful of good-looking people parade around the screen while singing and dancing to a rather catchy song that explains all of the flight safety information. I think my favorite part is when the little kid sings about no smoking on the plane. I have a feeling he'll grow up to be extremely cool. 

Entertainment was definitely the main focus of this video, and although I enjoyed the video, I can't help but wonder if it could be a distraction. The video tells you to put away your electric devices, but I feel like some people might take extra time to update their social media on their electric device to tell their friends about the cool video. But maybe I'm just looking into it a little too much. Only time will tell if Virgin America customers give it a thumbs up or down!

Watch the video for yourself. Do you think it's clever? Or something that won't be cute the second time you see it before takeoff? 


-j.Clarke

No comments:

Post a Comment